04 January 2012

Italians

What I've noticed from living here so far.

#1 I've only seen two obese Italians after being here for a month! The U.S. could use lessons on obesity from this place. It's amazing.

#2 Gardens are EVERYWHERE. There isn't an Italian house that doesn't have some kind of a garden. I can't wait till March rolls around. I'm going to have a garden even if it is just in pots!

#3 Italians are very welcoming. Most of them are that is. Hubby and I went shopping for the first time here in Italy, to a little florist/craft shop just down the street. When we walked in, the owner greeted us and I told him (in Italian) that we only speak a little Italian...very little. But because we tried to speak in his language, even if it was just a sentence, he was very grateful for the effort. Wanted to wrap our package up in a bow and even gave us an extra 10% discount.

#4 Italian couples hold hands when walking about. It's like first love is always rekindled here. Kinda sweet if you ask me. Old and young, they all hold hands when walking around town.

#5 Italians are very religious. It's like the entire town closes up for church and everyone pours into church for the service.

...more to come, but I'm tired.

If you haven't heard, hubby and I are expecting. Due sometime in Aug/Sept. Yeah!

1 comment: