23 May 2012

25 Weeks - Prego Update

STATS:
How far along: 25 weeks and 4 days

How big is Baby-A: Cauliflower (some websites said rutabaga...but what in the world is that?!?!)

Total weight gain: I haven't checked lately, but at my last OB appt, I had gained 1 pound.  So I was somewhere around 142.  Yeah!  I started this whole thing at 137.  My next appt is June 1st.  We'll see if I've blown up since then.

Sleep: Pretty much non-existent between the hours of 9-12pm.  Once in a blissful moment, I fall into a DEEP sleep and almost nothing bothers me...including people calling my hubby's cell which he has to keep turned on due to Army rules.

Best moment of the week: This week I've been able to talk/or email about coming home WITHOUT breaking down into a fit of tears...three times!  Up till this week...I couldn't even think about it without crying.

Food cravings: SWEETS!

Symptoms:
Nausea - Gone, except for rare moments at night or in the morning when I try and get out of bed to fast.

Hunger - It seems like I'm hungry all the time.  Trying to do better so I don't have junk-food weight gain.  Easier said than done.

Heartburn - Oh boy!  No matter what I do or eat, it's always there.

Skin - Blemish-free skin disappeared in what seems to have been a long...long...long time ago (start of pregnancy).  I've tried all kinds of different cleansers and lotions and nothing keeps the breakout buggers away from my face.  I also have the "prego-scar" on both my cheeks that looks like mascara running down my face after a good cry.

Exercise: I'm trying to exercise three times a week.  My joints have been killing me, but I keep plugging on.


Movement: Baby-A has been very athletic.  She'll start kicking and punching and this can last up to 4 hours.  I've tried all kinds of things to calm her down, but the calm only lasts for a few minutes before Baby-A starts up again.

Stretch-marks: (Knock on wood) so far I only have them on one boob.  Weird, I know.  It was a very tearful moment when I noticed the marks, but hubby keeps reassuring me that they'll go away in time.  I've been drinking a TON of water and applying lotion as if my life depends on it.

Belly Button: The "turkey timer" is close to popping out.  I keep pushing my belly button back in, but I'm not sure that does any good.













3 comments:

  1. I had heartburn for the entire 9 months when I was carrying Aaron, and after he was born it was SUCH relief! My mother (who believed every old wives' tale ever!) said heartburn means the baby will have a lot of hair. I hate to admit this, but Aaron had more hair than any Wagener baby had ever been born with. Hang in there, Sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy army wife and mom of 3May 26, 2012 at 2:55 PM

    Hi, I found your blog online looking for an army wife in Italy...would you be willing to answer a few questions for me? I am an army wife as well and just looking for some support. Where are you stationed. I like reading your blogs!! Hope you are feeling better but congrats on the new baby!!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to answer any questions! Currently stationed in Vicenza Italy. So glad you were able to find this blog!

      Delete