18 May 2012

Got the Itch

I've got the itch to go back to work BAD.  And it's not for lack of trying either.  Finding a decent job that doesn't include bagging groceries at the Commissary (base grocery store), is VERY difficult here.  First off, about 80% of all jobs go to the Italians.  Secondly, this place has a wonderful habit of bringing in outside contractors that already hold similiar government jobs in other parts of the country.  It's frustrating. 

Another thing about this place, it can take up to seven months between when someone is offered a job to when they actually start.  If I find a job in the next few months, I could have Baby-A and get back to Italy after this stretch of deployment, with plenty of time to spare before actually starting.  

So I keep on trudging forward, always looking, always asking, always putting my resume out there, always taking every interview that comes through.  


No comments:

Post a Comment