31 December 2011

Cooking Adventures

You ever have that one food from home that you crave more than ever? Mine has been nachos. I tried them from TacoBell at the little PX (Army version of a mall), but they tasted weird. So today while we were shopping for groceries, I was determined to find a way to make my own.

Making nachos with minimal cookware and tin foil is an adventure to say the least. Since we don't have a microwave, I decided to melt the cheese and tomatoes in a sauce pan, then heat the bean dip up on a sheet of foil in the oven by placing a little spoonful on each chip, and then pouring the melted cheese sauce over the heated bean dip n chips.

Let me tell you...after all that work. They never tasted soooooo delicious!

Since moving here, I've fallen in love with sparkling water. It's almost as good as drinking champage. Tastes so good when it hits your lips!

Happy New Year to everyone. Much love from Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment