12 December 2011

New Day...New Adventures

Good Morning!

This whole jet lag thing is really kicking my butt. I've been up since 2am. Haven't crashed yet, but if it's my luck that will happen when we are out shopping for essentials or something and halfway across the base. It's just a ten minute walk from one end of the base to the other, but when you are running short on sleep like I am...functioning like normal is a thing of the past.

On a good note, I've seen three Christmas trees here on this tiny base. If you happen to know me well, you'll know that I can't fathom Christmas without a tree. Since I haven't been able to find a "Charlie-Brown" tree for our hotel room yet, you'll be happy to know that there is a real one outside our window on the other side of the street!

When everything feels upside down, it's the little things that count.

Including the fact that Hawaii Five-O is on the TV here. I actually cried tears of happiness when I saw the preview for the next show. (Mom: I promise not to call you at 2am in the morning to tell you how it went.)

We are off to get a cell phone.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment