19 March 2012

Latest Cravings

Biscuits...I go crazy over biscuits right now. They aren't the most healthiest thing to eat, but since I also consume scary amounts of plums, nectarines, cantaloupe, pineapple, and carrots...I figured biscuits aren't that bad.

Milk here goes sour in about a week and since I don't drink milk, it's nearly impossible for me to keep it around when hubby is gone. Even with hubby here, we are at a race against time to use it all up before turning sour.

With my biscuit craving, having no milk was a huge problem. What was I gonna do?!?! I searched the internet and found a recipe for Sour Cream Biscuits, and guess what - they taste amazing!

Sour Cream Biscuits
2 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 t sugar
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 c sourcream
1/2 c butter

Melt the butter and mix in sour cream until smooth. Add dry ingredients. Add a few drops of water if necessary. (I hand-rolled the dough into balls and patted them down to 1/2 in thick biscuit shapes. Bake until bottoms are golden at 400 degrees.

Enjoy! (I ate four of them after baking! But in my defense, I made them really small. )

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE sour cream biscuits! My recipe is a little different than that, but yes, I could eat, and eat, and eat them! Of course, coupled with the homemade raspberry jam I have from our berry patch, they're even more scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete